E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

May 29, 2012

Janet Jackson Covers Prevention Magazine - July 2012 & Talks About Her Public Battle With Weight, Health Scares & More.


Janet Jackson looked gorgeous on the the cover of Prevention magazine, July 2012 issue, on news stands now. Check out some highlights from the interview...

On her public weight losses and gains: “I think people really connect with the idea of someone who’s gained and lost weight in this very public way, and also someone who’s an emotional eater. Chocolate, cake, caramel apples—there aren’t many things I don’t love.”

On how her friends keep her healthy: “Knowing I have these problems with body image, I ask my friends and family to tell me when I’ve lost too much too. Because I will continue to pick on myself, like all women do, and say, You need to [lose] more here, more there.”

On the health scares she’s managed to avoid: “Health was always a concern. When I gained weight in 2005, my nutritionist was very worried. I was close to having diabetes. Even when I lost it [and] then gained quite a bit back, there was always the thought of heart disease.”

On being a role model for her niece Paris: “We’ve spoken about the fact that you’re only a child once. I think there’s a time for everything, and now is not the time [to act in films],” she said. “I told her I thought she should enjoy being a kid, possibly go to college-or not-but wait till she turns 18. She’s a very tough, smart girl. But it’s a cutthroat industry. I wouldn’t want my child to do it.”

Her workout regimen: “I don’t like to work out, and I get bored easily. Tony Martinez [her trainer] is great. He comes up with something new all the time. There are times when I don’t want to run on the beach, but he knows I love sports, so he’ll bring a football—or I’m just like a dog with a tennis ball. When I’m getting ready for a tour, I’ll work out with the dancers. He’ll put us in teams, and we’ll do all sorts of drills and races.”

On how she feels about herself today: “I honestly don’t even know what size I am. Now it’s about looking in the mirror and saying, I feel good. I feel healthy.”

Continue On ... Prevention Magazine

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature