E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

October 26, 2011

Eddie Murphy For Rolling Stone Mag October 2011


Eddie Murphy gives a rare interview to Rolling Stone in the mag’s latest issue, on newsstands Friday (October 28).

On being a called a recluse:

“I leave my house all the time. But I’m not at all the Hollywood parties. I’m grown, and where else am I supposed to be? I’m supposed to be home . . . If I were out in the clubs every night, they’d be saying, ‘That’s a shame, look at him, 50 years old, he’s still out at these clubs.’ Recluses are nasty, with long nails, don’t wash their ass.?.?.?. I’m too vain to be a recluse. But homebody, absolutely. I’m 50 years old, beautiful house, I’m supposed to be home, chilling.”

On doing Beverly Hills Cop IV:

“They’re not doing it. What I’m trying to do now is produce a TV show starring Axel Foley’s son, and Axel is the chief of police now in Detroit. I’d do the pilot, show up here and there. None of the movie scripts were right; it was trying to force the premise. If you have to force something, you shouldn’t be doing it. It was always a rehash of the old thing. It was always wrong.”

On returning to stand-up comedy:

“If I ever get back onstage, I’m going to have a really great show for you all. An hour and a half of stand-up and about 40 minutes of my sh*itty band . . . But I haven’t done it since I was 27, so why f*ck with it? But that’s just weighing both sides. It comes up too much for me to not do it again. It’s like, when it hits me, I’ll do it, eventually.”
On getting over his infamous Saturday Night Live grudge:

“They were sh*tty to me on Saturday Night Live a couple of times after I’d left the show. They said some sh*tty things. There was that David Spade sketch [when Spade showed a picture of Murphy around the time of Vampire In Brooklyn and said, 'Look, children, a falling star']. I made a stink about it, it became part of the folklore. What really irritated me about it at the time was that it was a career shot.. I felt sh*tty about it for years, but now, I don’t have none of that.”

On rumors that he stormed out of the Oscars after losing the best supporting actor award to Alan Arkin:

“Alan Arkin’s performance in Little Miss Sunshine is Oscar-worthy, it’s a great performance. That’s just the way the sh*t went. He’s been gigging for years and years, the guy’s in his seventies. I totally understood and was totally cool. I wasn’t like, “What the f*ck?” Afterward, people were like, “He’s upset,” and I’m like, “I wasn’t upset!” What happened was after I lost, I’m just chilling, and I was sitting next to Beyoncé’s pops, and he leans over and grabs me and is like, [solemn voice] “There will be other times.” And then you feel Spielberg on your shoulder going, “It’s all right, man.” Then Clint Eastwood walks by: “Hey, guy?.?.?.?” So I was like, “It’s not going to be this night!” [Mimes getting up] I didn’t have sour grapes at all.

That’s another reason I wanted to host the show – to show them that I’m down with it. ”
The issue is on stands now.

Source

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature