E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

August 31, 2011

Demi Moore, Alicia Keys, And Jennifer Aniston, Cover Glamour Magazine, October 2011


Alicia Keys, Jennifer Aniston and Demi Moore cover the October 2011 issue of Glamour. They talk about their lives and Five, a series of films about women and breast cancer that they all worked on. Each cover girl directed a film.
Read on to see why Alicia got involved in the film, the moment she fell in love with Swizz Beatz and her hopes for her family....Interview Below After The Cut:


How did you get involved with Five?
Kristin [Hahn] and Jen called me up; after I read the scripts, I felt like this was something important, and I wanted to be a part of it. I chose Lili because she’s close to my age and I understood the family dynamic. I had an immediate idea of what I could bring to it.

Have you had any personal experiences with breast cancer?
Yes, people very close to me in my family have had it, and it’s scary and it’s hard.

How do you feel about shows like The Voice and American Idol? Ever watch those?
I used to watch American Idol a little bit. My grandmother sucked me into it, and I was like, “Why am I watching this, Nana?” Initially, I felt like it was showing people that to be an artist you’re just supposed to get on TV. But as time passed, and the industry changed, I started thinking of it as an outlet for people who otherwise wouldn’t have any opportunity to be heard. Now I think it’s a good thing. When you’re talented, you’re talented.

Your husband, Swizz Beatz, has said that your relationship is “a blessing.” Do you feel that way too?
Yes. It’s beautiful because rarely, I think, do you find a relationship where you can experience things equally. In fact, I think that’s my favorite word and the most important word when it comes to relationships: equality. And that’s what we’ve been able to find. We encourage each other equally. We’re excited for each other.

Do you remember the moment when you fell in love?
I do remember the exact moment. If I told you, I would have to kill you, but it was something that he planned, and he planned it so beautifully and thoughtfully that in that moment I remember thinking to myself, Oh my God, I’m so in love with him.

What makes you giddy? I bet I can guess, and he’s just about a year old:
Yeah, my son, Egypt, makes me super giddy, especially when he laughs. His laugh makes me laugh like a maniac!

You went to Egypt, and you had a sort of breakthrough moment, right? Is that why your son is named Egypt?
Definitely. It was a time of transition. There were certain people [I was working with] who weren’t right. I had friends who weren’t right anymore. I was tired and I had overworked myself and burnt myself out. So I went to Egypt by myself. When I saw what was built there, it made me understand how powerful we are, that we can create anything. And I felt like I needed to create things that were timeless too.

So what do you hope for your family?
We’re such a bonded happy family, and I hope that we’ll always be able to be that. For me, the most important thing is that we always take the time to understand each other and grow together. We’re all going to change. Otherwise, it’s boring. Who wants to stay the damn same all their life?

Five airs on Lifetime on October 10.

Read the entire interview over at Glamour.

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature