E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

July 29, 2011

Tamera Mowry Talks Interracial Dating


Tamera Mowry-Housley is having the best year ever! In May, the actress married her longtime love, FOX News correspondent Adam Housley, in a beautiful vineyard ceremony, and this month she’s the cover star of Get Married magazine’s fall issue, on stands now. As if that weren’t already awesome news, she’s got more excitement on the way. In two weeks, her new reality show, "Tia and Tamera," debuts on the Style Network. Tamera is one busy woman right now, and lucky for us, we were able to catch up with her for a little chit-chat.

Read on to find out why she chose Adam to be her lawfully wedded husband, what married life has been like thus far, and why she’d much rather live in a world where people were color blind!


ESSENCE.COM: You are no longer a single lady. Congrats on the big wedding! What’s married life like?
TAMERA MOWRY: It’s amazing! I feel like I have a lot more strength, and I have this person who has my back, and no matter what he’s going to be there for me. That just in itself makes me feel a lot more confident and a lot more safe. It feels amazing -- it really, really does. Adam and I, we haven’t lived together, so we’re going through that right now. Moving is challenging, but it’s rewarding. That’s the best I can describe it. Because once you go through a challenging situation then you overcome it you’re like “yes, we can do this." Adam has to do most of the moving so I kind of feel sorry for him in that sense. He’s moving into my place and one of the main things that we’re going through right now is that I don’t want him to feel like a visitor. It’s our place. We’re kind of going through the transition where you say “my place” and then you’re like, “no, wait, it’s our place.” Plus, saying “my husband”, that feels amazing too. There’s something that just goes through your body when you say those words.

ESSENCE.COM: Will you share one the wedding moments you keep replaying in your head?
TAMERA: Oh gosh that’s hard. There were so many. When Adam and I did our first dance, because we did a really funny one. First we danced to Journey’s “Faithfully” then we broke out into LL Cool J’s “Going Back to Cali." LL Cool J follows us both on Twitter, which I have to mention because I think that’s amazing, and he found out about it. He retweeted it!

ESSENCE.com: What made you sure Adam was the one for you?
TAMERA: I can be completely myself. I didn’t have to worry about that. I have naturally curly hair, but a lot of my ex boyfriends always liked it straight. It’s a lot of work keeping it straight all the time, whereas Adam liked me as me. Not only that, but when we were going out on dates and eating, and I found myself being able to eat and do whatever I wanted to do. I didn’t feel like I had to watch what I say or watch what I do. I could completely just be raw and that’s how I knew. I always wanted to be with him. I never got tired of him. He made me feel very comfortable.

ESSENCE.COM: Do you have any advice for women considering dating outside of their race who may be apprehensive about it?
TAMERA: Well, I always find these questions so interesting, because I’m a product of an interracial marriage -- and I never really grew up seeing color. I honestly realized that my dad was White when someone told me in middle school. They’re like, “Oh your dad’s White?” I’m like, “Oh, my gosh, he really is White.” I knew what race was, but it didn’t matter to me. Yes we are an interracial couple. The thing is we do still deal with that. People always question that. If anything, it hurts, but we do have more people supporting us than making stupid comments. We kind of just ignore it and focus on the positive. Love is love and a lot of times people might be in the situation they’re in because they put barriers up. Like some people only want to date a model, or an actor, or an athlete. You’re only limiting yourself. Open up to what’s out there because God made us all.

ESSENCE.COM: What does being a good wife mean to you?
TAMERA: My mom was such an amazing example. She was a mom, wife, and a career woman. I just want to be there for my husband. I don’t ever want him to think that he’s not getting everything at home --  love, attention, encouragement, a meal. I just want him to feel the best he feels at home. I think that’s what a good wife is. Someone who is very attentive to her husband.


Source Essence 

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature