E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

May 01, 2012

Bobby Brown Grants First Interview Since Whitney Houston's Death: Speaks About Her Drug Abuse & More


It looks as though Bobby Brown is ready to speak out on Whitney Houston’s death now that the dust has settled..
Ever since Whitney died, Bobby has been blamed for introducing her to drugs and being the driving influence for her over the top drug use throughout their marriage. Now, he’s out to defend himself in a sit-down with Matt Lauer of the TODAY Show that will air later this week.


In the interview, he tells Matt that he’s not the “negative influence” everyone think that he is and it’s not his fault she died. He said that he went out to dinner with Whitney and their daughter Bobby Kristina a week beforehand and that she “looked really well” so he was just as shocked as everyone else when he got the news. He also said that he’s been clean and off narcotics for seven years and never got high before meeting Whitney, almost implying that she was the one who influenced him:


Check out the excerpts:



“I didn’t get high before I met Whitney … I smoked weed, I drank the beer, but no, I wasn’t the one that got Whitney on drugs at all …it’s just unexplainable I’m not the reason she’s gone.”


On Whitney’s Drug Use & Not Knowing She Was Still Using

“I was hurt. I was hurt … Because, you know, me being off of narcotics for the last seven years — I felt that she was, you know, I didn’t know she was struggling with it still. But at the same time, you know– listen, it’s a hard fight. It’s a hard fight to, you know, maintain sobriety that way.”
“From what I feel and you know, how I saw her, the last time I saw her, it had to be that particular day. You know, it had to be that one, because that’s all it takes … One hit, you know, and you know, it could definitely take your life away from you. And, unfortunately, that was it.”


On Seeing Whitney a Week Before She Died

“She had this glow about her that was just, you know, incredible. She looked really well. She just looked like she was in a good place.”


On Accusations That He’s Responsible For Her Drug Use

“[They] make me feel terrible. But you know, I know differently. I think if anyone ever knew us, if anybody ever spent time around us . . . they would know how we felt about each other. They would know how happy we were together.”
“The reality show gave us a wakeup. We [were] able to see that our drug use had affected our relationship, had affected the love that we felt for each other.”

2 comments:

Joey Cook said...

I have to agree with Bobby Brown on this one. Whether it's Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, Whitney Houston etc. They're all adults and accountable for their actions. Sure you can offer me drugs but do I have to take them? Am I being forced at gun point to take the drugs?

Egor Efiok said...

You have a good point there @executive gifts. Thanks for visiting.

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature