E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

February 21, 2013

Majek Fashek: "Whoever says that I’m not okay is actually the one that should check himself...I have become an Orisha (semi-god) so nothing can happen to me...Femi Kuti is weak...I'm a gangster"...On His New Album: "It’s a new ace which someone like Ras Kimono cannot do...my new album is not in Kimono’s level; I’m on a higher level just like Michael Jackson and James Brown who was a master to Fela Kuti".



Nigeria’s reggae music star, Majek Fashek, who was recently rumoured to be having medical and mental challenges, has claimed that he is not sick.

The Rainmaker was rumoured to have gone berserk, and was chained down at his Gowon Estate, Ipaja, Lagos residence by concerned neighbours, especially when he gets out of control.

It was also reported that Majek now walks around talking to himself and sometimes sits at a bus stop around his area playing his guitar while kids make fun of him. But the musician has denied it all, reiterating that he is mentally and medically balanced.

Speaking with P.M.NEWS on phone yesterday, Majek said he doesn’t know where the rumour about his purported ill health emanated from.

He described the development as the handiwork of idle people who are bent on making issue out of nothing.


I’m okay. Whoever says that I’m not okay is actually the one that should check himself. As for me, I have become an Orisha (semi-god) so nothing can happen to me. I know what I’m doing, Majek said one phone.

Earlier in the day, while speaking to P.M.NEWS reporter, Majek’s Personal Assistant and Media Manager, MC Morris, debunked the rumour of the musician’s failing health.

Don’t mind those people saying rubbish; baba (Majek) is okay. I was still with him yesterday. When I get to his place today, I will put you through to him on phone.

During a recent interview with P.M.NEWS reporter, Majek, whose real names are Majekodunmi Fasheki, said: “See, people must talk. But they make you more popular; that is the truth. You cannot fight the press, you cannot fight the media. They are the ones that will tell the people what is going on, so I cannot fight the media.”

He further talked about Gangster Raster, the new album he is currently working on. The album, in the words of Majek, is expected to resuscitate his dwindling music career.

“It’s a new ace which someone like Ras Kimono cannot do. Kimono is my boy. I produced him and Victor Essiet and a whole lot of others. What I’m saying is that my new album is not in Kimono’s level; I’m on a higher level just like Michael Jackson and James Brown who was a master to Fela Kuti.”

Majek further said that he and MC Morris now have a company called Underground System Records. The company, which he claimed is already registered in Los Angeles, California, was created because of young musicians.

“Morris is close to the young ones like Tuface and Wizkid, and I’m happy to see them shine. We intend to register the company here as well and use it as a platform to get the youths out of the streets and criminality. I’m an American citizen. I may decide to go back there now because my wife and children are there. But I’m here because Nigerians are suffering and there is nobody to speak for them. Fela is gone, and Femi cannot do it because he is weak. I fear nobody because I’m a gangster…”

Majek is convinced that he is back in Nigeria to lead a revolution, because according to him, it takes a revolution to make a solution.

“There are many kinds of revolution. There is bloody revolution, but we don’t want that for Nigerians. What Nigerians need is a tactful revolution, so that we won’t shed human blood. What we want is revolution of freedom. Like Bob Marley said, “emancipate your self from mental slavery…That is the revolution I’m working on. I have a temple and shrine, and everyday, I pray against bloodshed among my people.”

Source: PMnews

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature