E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

February 12, 2012

Lala Anthony Covers YRB.


She opens up about who’s career she’d like to emulate, how she feels about being ‘a basketball wife’ as well as the importance of being a role model...Enjoy...
On who’s career she’d like to Emulate
[Oprah]. She started in radio; I started in radio. She produced; I produced Tyson. She has done acting. She has done branding – she’s done everything.There was a time when people only wanted you doing one thing.
If you are a host, you are only a host, only an actress, only a singer… And now, in this day and age, it’s about doing a lot of things and being good at all of them. I just want to prove that one person can be good at a lot of different things.

On being labeled a ‘basketball wife’ and some media outlets labeling her as a ‘First lady of NY’
I’m married to a basketball player. I love being [Carmelo’s] wife, so I don’t look at it as a negative thing. I think it’s just like anything else and what you are doing with whatever title you have,” she says. 
“I’m a lot of other things, too, so that’s not the only thing that defines me.
It’s an honor. Something like that comes with work. You are not going to be labeled that by just sitting around with Louboutins on and not doing anything,” she says. “I want to get out there as I have been and make a difference in N.Y.
On her show and being a role model
I like that people think I’m so down to earth and real because that’s how I really am and I want to show that on the show, and also show that my life isn’t perfect,” she says. “I go through things like everybody else. When there is a bad moment and you want to turn the cameras off, that’s not reality. I don’t want to do that.
I don’t have to think about being a role model or doing things a certain way because all I do is really just be myself, and so far, that’s worked for me. The responsibilities might become overwhelming for another personality, but it’s all in a day’s work for La La. 
”This is what comes with the territory of who I am. I would never complain about it. It’s a blessing to be in this position and do something that I love. I’m happy with my life, I’m happy with the position I’m in, and I’m happy to be in a position 
to help others and be a role model to girls out there.
Read more over at YRB






No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature