E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

February 13, 2012

David Beckham Given Red Card At Son, Romeo's Football Match.


David Beckham is a fierce competitor on the pitch who has never shied away from telling a referee exactly what he's thinking. This has gotten him in trouble from time to time and as he revealed on Saturday's episode of "The Jonathan Ross show"; it's even gotten him kicked out of a Los Angeles area children's match just for trying to defend a 7-year-old kid.

Said Beckham, with a smile:

"I was watching the kids play the other day, it was the younger kids of [middle son] Romeo's club, and there was a penalty given.

"And the kids are 7 years old and he [the referee] sent the kid off. And I was like, 'Come on, he's 7, referee, you can't send him off.' And he looked at me and was like, 'Yes, I can.'

"And I said, 'Well, you can't, he's 7 years old.' And he came over and he gave me a red card. He told me to get out of the park. For real.

"The gate was only 20 yards away so I went to the other side of the gate and I came back when my son's game was on."

Beckham went on to say that while the referees might not appreciate his presence, the other dads enjoy having him around and that sometimes he helps coach the kids. He's shown that he takes after Alex Ferguson, his old manager at Manchester United, in questioning referee decisions, but it seems he draws the line at giving the kids Fergie's hairdryer treatment.

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature