E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

April 07, 2013

Ette Assam - Nigeria's Answer To Jamie Oliver: Meet The Finger-Licking-Licious Chef And See A-List Celebrities Like Akon, Banky W, Asa, Julius Agwu, Uti Nwachukwu, Denrele & Many More Enjoying His Culinary Skills.


Ette Assam hails from Eket LGA in Akwa Ibom State and is married with lovely children. Ette proves that creativity and hard work do pay off in a revealing interview with RhodesWorld Online Magazine.


Ette disclosed to RhodesWorld that the drive to start his barbecue spot started during the days of a long strike action at his University. According to him, "It was a case of making the best out of the situation by getting creative and doing something useful with my time".


Speaking about his Education, Ette, nicknamed 'Finger-Licking' by his numerous clients, states: "I had my primary and post primary Education in Lagos and thereafter went to the University of Calabar, where I obtained a BA Honours Degree in Linguistics". He went further to explain the difficulties in starting his business. "Initially people didn’t  believe I could perform in my choice of service to the people around me, because I wasn't  a house-hold name known for finger-licking barbecue, so I knew then that I had a big task of proving people wrong, and that in itself, was a real challenge to get it right".



Hear him: "When you start up something and know that you have no experience in that field, you will agree with me that you will require the magic of being born with it naturally; that way it will come to you like a scripted book and that’s the good thing about talent and anything you know you are just born to do.

I actually started business way back in school and that has helped me to blend into the business world real fast.
Looking back to when I started and now, it is simply amazing to see people now eating my barbecue and having my cocktail with a great smile on their faces.

The dream started in 2001 but kicked off in a big level from 2005. If you want me to describe what I do in three words, I would say, 'barbecue for life'. I currently have 6 hard-working staff on my pay roll giving their best to the service and I so appreciate them; you know, this is team work and their collective effort makes it even better"
.



On his dreams and prospects about 'Finger-Licking' in the long run, Ette replied thus: "I will say my long term vision is to establish 'Finger-Licking' as a global brand in the industry and open up outlets where people can eat quality barbecue and drink good cocktails. By the special grace of God, I already cater for big celebrity clients such as Kirk Franklin, Akon, Asa, Wyclef and lots of other international and local stars".


About his personal life...*laughs*..."I would like to be spiritual here. The Lord said, I am to do the work of Him who sent me. The good thing in my personal life is that my family is usually with me and that makes it fun, you know. I'd like to give God the praise for bringing me this far. I am very grateful".


For more information about Finger-Licking and to book them for events, please visit their website: www.ettebbq.com or call +2348034010351/+2348023055886; also, follow @ettebbq on Twitter.


See more photos after the cut...









3 comments:

Shallie said...

waohhhhh loads of Finger Licking stuff Indeed that got me Salivating lol.. great job FingerLicking..

http://aomosale.blogspot.co.uk/

Ajetun Blog said...

Feeling hungry oooo

http://ajetun.blogspot.com/

Egor Efiok said...

Lol...same here! So tempting!!!

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature