E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

April 27, 2012

Meagan Good Finds Love & Peace - Actress Talks About Future Plans, Fiance & Her Faith In Rolling Out Magazine



Meagan Good is too blessed to be stressed… or at least that’s the underlying theme to her new interview in Rolling Out Magazine. She’s featured on double covers of the magazine this week, that includes a solo shot of Meagan in spiked heels and the other with her new group, H.E.L.L.O girls. 


Inside, she reveals that she is trying to quit smoking as well as what has made her become so outspoken about her religious beliefs and Christian faith over the years. She also speaks for the first time about her future plans with her fiance, Devon Franklin (who is a pastor as well as a VP at Columbia Pictures) , who proposed to Meagan earlier this year.



Read a few of the excerpts and peep the full spread below:


Meagan On her fiance
You know, I feel like I am happier than I have ever been. A big part of that is finding a partner who shares the same heart for God that I have, who walks down the same road as I, and who wants the same things in life that I do. I’m also happy that I found someone who understands what I do for a living, and wants to use that as a tool to help glorify God. It’s really nice … and I’m so very happy.


On what personal and professional aspects of her life she wants to improve upon
Well I definitely want to start making more films, and I also want to start writing and producing more. I want to create projects with my fiancé, and just help people in any way that I can. I just want to get my hands on different




On if her projects with her fiance would be more mainstream, or Christian-based
It will be both. You can’t just make projects for the Christian community, because I think they already have the right idea. They’re going to be OK … We will still make movies for them, but we also have to create projects for those people who need something positive and relatable without being very preachy. The key is to pull them in, and then add a hint of spirituality and God to the overall message without scaring them away.



On what made her become more vocal on her faith
I don’t think that anything changed with me. I just think that there was a certain point in my career where people really weren’t listening to me because I was just getting started. But over time, as I started to get better and better, people got more interested in what I had to say. But if you go back and listen to interviews that I did in 2000 and 2001, you will see that I was saying a lot of the same things. It’s just a blessing now that people are listening as I try to share the love of God and empower young women. I really have the opportunity to make an impact, so I’m doing my best to make the most of it.



No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature