E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

April 19, 2012

'Adesuwa' Executive Producer, John Abua, Reveals Cost Of Producing Movie: " 'Adesuwa' Cost Me 18million Naira"

R"


'ADESUWA- A Wasted Lust' a movie owned by John Chukwuma Abua, was premiered in March at the Renaissance Hotel by Alausa, Ikeja Lagos. The  long awaited blockbuster is set for release in cinemas nationwide and here is what the Executive Producer has to say about the movie:

Can we meet you?
I am John Chukwuma Abua, the MD/CEO of Johnsources Films, a production company founded on the 7th of july 2010. I am into music and film production. Born into the family of John Uche Abua of Ibusa, Delta state, Nigeria. I studied Law at the University of Benin. As a single child, I took after my dad's Real Estate & General Contracts businesses. Also, I am the Executive producer & Co-producer of the highly anticipated movie, "ADESUWA - A Wasted Lust", a movie directed by Lancelot Oduwa- Imasuen.

What inspired you to produce ADESUWA?
My foray into the African film business is borne out of a driving desire to discover, develop and expose talents into the Nigeria mov industry in order to move it to the next level in terms of quality and increase in revenues. Also I want to contribute my quota to the Nollywood phenomenon and ADESUWA is that contribution.

Hence, as the Executive producer of ADESUWA, I bought the movie script at the cost of three hundred thousand naira (=N=300,000) from Mr Ossa Earlice, who is a lecturer at the University of Port Harcourt and i got intouch with Lancelot Oduwa-Imasuen to direct and also produce my movie ADESUWA, and I paid him for his services.

When will ADESUWA be releasing at the Cinemas?
On the 4th of may 2012 Adesuwa will be released at the Cinemas nationwide.
Is ADESUWA the first movie you executive produced?
ADESUWA is my first movie I have Executive produced and Co-produced. Like I said earlier, I bought the script and called Lancelot Oduwa-Imasuen to direct and produce it, of which I spent eighteen million naira (=N=18 million naira) to achieve ADESUWA - A Wasted Lust.
 
What were the challenges?
Unfortunately, I have noticed from my experience that some directors in Nollywood seem to take all the credit without acknowledging the role of the Executive Producers, and that is too painful.

How do you feel about ADESUWA's mulitple AMAA award nominations?
I am very happy with the awards nominations attached to my first african audio visual production, the nomination categories include (i) Best Most Outstanding Film 2011 (ii) Best Director (iii) Best Cinematography (iv) Best Editor, e.t.c.

Altogether, it was nominated in Ten categories at the upcoming AMAA Awards. It has received  also received the NIGER-DELTA ADVANCEMENT AWARD and it won at the TAVA AWARDS 2011 bagging four various Awards: Best Director, Best Editor, Best Cinematographer and Best Outstanding Movie 2011. Needless to say that I am most elated and excited and looking forward to bagging awards from the nominated categories.

When should we be expecting your next project?
It's in the works and I assure you it will change the face of Nollywood, but I will keep the press abreast of its development.

ADESUWA Executive Producer -John Abua

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature