E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

May 17, 2012

Idris Elba Is Smouldering HOT In The Latest Issue Of UK's GQ Magazine - Read Snippets Of His Exclusive Interview

Idris Elba has tailor made his own success. Decorated with a Golden Globe for his lead role in the police drama, Luther, he has since been inundated with offers from Hollywood. Here, the star of Ridley Scott’s Prometheus, takes the lead for GQ.”





39-yr-old British actor, Idris Elba, featured in the June 2012 issue of GQ UK Magazine and below are a few excerpts from his exclusive interview. 

On being nominated with fellow British star, Dominic West, for the best actor in a miniseries prize at this year's Golden Globes: “I’d actually given him a call when the nominations were announced. We laughed about it - we laughed about not being able to get rid of each other. He’s a good sport, but it was unfortunate we were put on the same table. For one to have to watch the other win…I mean, fortunately I won. But I’m sure for him it wasn’t as fun.”

On playing the next James Bond: “Bond? It’s a bit like saying, ‘Do you want to play Superman?’ Anyone would dream of it. It’s one of the most coveted roles in film. I’d be honored. But I don’t know if it will actually happen. I’m just happy with the idea of being associated with it. It’s nice there’s a lot of good will.”

On transitioning from TV to film: “You know, film is the ultimate goal in an actor’s career. I mean, I still love TV. I have my feet firmly stamped in it. But my opportunities have been bigger and better. [The last two years] feel like a reinvention of my career, because I’m not a household name, by any stretch of the imagination. In some countries, no one knows who Idris Elba is.”









No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature