E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

April 28, 2012

Beyonce Takes GED Test To Compensate For Not Completing Secondary School



The 'Love on Top' singer was spotted entering the West 35th Street Alternative Education Complex in New York, yesterday (18.04.12) with a laptop, prompting speculation she could enrol.

Beyonce left high school aged 14 to pursue her career, and although she received tutoring, it is not known if she ever completed her high school diploma.

The facility she visited offers a General Educational Development (GED) test which is available to people who do not complete secondary education.

The test is split into five different subjects - reading, writing, social studies, science and maths - and those who pass are given a GED qualification, equivalent to a school diploma.


Beyonce - who grew up in Houston, Texas - has previously said she felt she missed out on some of her teenage years because she left school so early.

She said:
''Socially I did miss out. I left school at 14 and had a tutor. I was never exposed to people long enough to make friends so my family became my friends.''

The 30-year-old singer also said she always felt at home when she was performing, and knew she wanted to be a singer from a very early age.

She added:
''I was awkward around other kids but felt comfortable on the stage. I said to my mom, 'There is no way this will work but I am going to be a singer.' I was in a group, aged nine, and my dad, Matthew, left his job to manage us.''

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature