E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

February 13, 2012

Meagan Good Covers Vibe Vixen: Talks About Women Valuing Their Bodies, Crazy Love & Gabrielle Union!


Meagan Good looking stunning on the Valentine’s issue of Vibe Vixen, and the 30-year-old actress speaks with the magazine about all aspects of love... playing sex scenes while being a Christian, wanting to play Whitney Houston and being crazy in a relationship.

On how she prepares to play an overly sexual role and still balance her morals when she’s so grounded in her Christian Faith
I think that, for me, it’s about portraying a character creatively and artistically as an actress.
I believe that God has gifted me as an actress and intends for me to use that gift, but He also intends for me to use it to glorify him. So, if I’m playing the most perfect, religious girl then nobody gets anything out of it.
It’s like being a Christian and only hanging out in church. When I play a character, I try not to judge her because ultimately it’s about where she ends up and what she learns from the journey, no matter what happens along the journey. Does she become a better person?
On if she’s ever been caught up in Love
You know, I’ve definitely had a first love and a second love. [Laughs] I’ve definitely been very much in love more than once, but I really value myself too. I try not to lose myself in the relationship.
I think when you start to compromise yourself, that’s when you get married. That’s what that’s appropriate for.
I think it’s good to compromise in general in relationships, but I don’t believe that you should compromise yourself fully until you’re partnering with someone on that marriage level.
On if she’s been in a relationship that made her as crazy as her character Parker on The Game
Yes I have. [Laughs]. I mean, when you find yourself walking out on the side of freeway in a different state at three o’clock in the morning because someone has pissed you off, and you are completely convinced that you’re walking to the airport that is over an hour away, you’ve pretty much lost your marbles there. [Laughs]
On how she sees women redefining themselves in relationships and their careers
One thing I don’t like is the mentality that’s kind of evolved in the last 10 years. I know there’s a double standard when it comes to men and women, in terms of how they go into relationships. You know, guys can hook up with whoever they want and they’re just guys.
Girls hook up with whoever they want and they’re H-O’s.
That’s always bothered me, but one thing I’ve learned over time is that we are women. Ultimately, when it comes to sex, the anatomy [of a guy makes us] the submissive ones to a certain degree.
And I think that women need to value their bodies more and value what they allow and who they allow to do that to them. I think that’s the one thing that I don’t like that’s kind of been redefined in the last couple of years. It’s this 20th century woman who can do things like a man, and I think, from a business standpoint, sure, but when it comes to physically, I think that we should value ourselves more.
On Why she loves Gabrielle Union so much
Well, the reason I love Gabby [Union] so much is because we did Deliver Us From Eva together almost 10 years ago, and she really took me under her wing.
She went to the head of Sony/Screen Gem and she said to him, ‘Clint, this girl is really talented. I really want you to start working with her.
I really want you to help her out.’ In this industry, especially in this industry with Black folk regarding Black women, it’s very rare where another Black woman will go to bat for you and want you to get a job knowing that you guys could possibly be going up for the same role. And that’s the type of person that Gabrielle is.
She’s an honest and genuine person, a real lover and she went to bat for me. All those [Screen Gem] movies kind of came from that one relationship that Gabrielle introduced me to. It’s not that she taught me something in particular, but she showed me that there are good women out there that are not catty and that actually want to see you succeed.
On what she’s beginning to learn from her younger self, now that she’s reached her 30s
Oh, gosh, so much. I learned that I need to really keep my eye on the prize which is God and not worry so much about what other people think of me.
And if I keep my eye on the prize, people will think what they need to think of me, good or bad. I’ve learned to love myself more. I’ve learned to really be okay with any imperfection that I have physically. I’ve learned to forgive myself for any mistakes I’ve made. I’ve learned to love other people for who they are. I’ve learned to accept people for who they are.
I’ve learned more about what my purpose is and what I’m most passionate about. Definitely for me, I think 30 has really been life-changing, as far as how I perceive the world and how I perceive those around me and how I perceive myself. I’ve never had so much peace of mind, and I’ve never been so overly confident and I’ve never been so content with the journey. And I just feel good.
Source

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature