E4PR Public Relations Blog For Showbiz and the Entertainment Industry

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!

La Campagne Tropicana Island Beach Resort: Nigeria's Answer To Turks & Caicos...Sheer Bliss!!!
Click On This Photo To View Photos From My Birthday Party & At This Beautiful Paradise On Earth

July 13, 2011

Tyler Perry Discusses The Death Of His Mother, His Drama With Spike Lee, & Almost Becoming A Baby Daddy


“The 350 Million Dollar Man”
Film Director Tyler Perry recently sat down for an intimate one-on-one conversation with Ebony Magazine.
During the conversation Tyler, opened up about “ALMOST” becoming a father with a very special lady, in his life, as well as why he decided to end his beef with film director Spike Lee.
He also opened up about the death of his mother and why he decided to wait until after she was deceased to open up about being abused as a child.
check out a few excerpts from the interview below:


On almost becoming a baby daddy:
“Back in December when we thought we were having a kid, I got overwhelmed. “We” (the interviewer asked) Is there a woman in your life? “Yeah” he responded–smiling yet no elaborating. He says, “she is really, really special. It’s the longest relationship I’ve been in, largely because I don’t feel any kind of marry-me-now pressure from her”.
On having respect for Spike Lee:
Because I saw his children and forgot that the man has kids, I’m gonna be more respectful of him and his family”. “I believe Spike can do what he does and I can do what I do. We both have a voice and very different experiences in life. There’s room for more than one of us in every industry, and the moment we embrace that as a society, we can get past all this stuff”.
On waiting until his mother passed to open up about his abuse:
“When my mother took her last breath, I was able to take my first because I would not be a source of pain for her as long as she was alive. I didn’t know how liberating it would be to sit in the pain of the moment, feel it, allow myself to squeeze it as hard as I could then let it go”.


source

No comments:

Hollywood Weekly Magazine's Nollywood Feature